P&R NEWS 6/1/20
This week's notes:
Good morning, St. George! Here we go in the first week of June!
1. A big thank you to Morgan Hilliard, Jake Ward and Bryan Morse for donating the time to repair and reshingle the dugout roof at the big ballfield!
We are blessed to have great people in this community who will give of their time and expertise. These three guys are just the latest examples - thanks again!
2. Speaking of volunteers... if there are any parents or other interested people that might be interested in joining the Rec Committee, please contact me in the next week or so. The commitment is one meeting a month and a willingness to help out with Mussel Ridge weekend and during our St. George Days activities. We have a good group, but we are always open to new ideas and new energy.
3. Batting Practice and or fielding practice anyone? I will be at the batting cage at the big ballfield Wednesday from 2-4 to throw batting practice to anyone who wants to hit. In addition, if anyone wants to take catch a few fly balls or ground balls, I am happy to hit some. My fungo bat travels with me now!
- Social distancing is mandatory
- hitters enter the cage alone and when done hitting exit.
- use your own bats if possible
- there will be bats there and will be wiped down after each use
- open to both baseball and softball
Stay safe and stay positive. We will get through this! Take care!
BEN VAIL, P&R DIRECTOR
Popular posts from this blog
from an email from the Town The Select Board has Postponed the Secret Ballot Election as well as the 2020 Annual Town Meeting. Please click here for more information.
March 25 Update on Status of the Town During this Pandemic During this pandemic we urge everyone to follow the Governor’s orders and guidance, to protect the health of us all. We will get through this difficult time, relying on the good sense and solidarity of this community. We want to thank all citizens for their help and support for each other while we ride this out together. The Town Office is staffed but closed to the public; please call 372-6363 if you have any ques tions about Real Estate Tax payments, re-registering vehicles, buying Hunting & Fishing licenses, re-registering boats, etc. We will be glad to assist you any way we can. We appreciate you conducting as much business as possible via US mail or online. The Transfer Station is ONLY accepting bagged trash and cardboard; if you can, please store other recyclables until this restriction is lifted or include them in your bagged trash. Our Volunteer Fire and Ambulance Services are trained and organized to
From the St George Community Development Corporation website Requests for food deliveries and pick-ups will be available on a first-come-first-served basis. Boxes can be delivered ZERO CONTACT on Thursday evening from 2 pm to 7 pm. Please only request items you need for the week. This allows us to keep items in stock and available longer for more people in our community. This form will be updated as our inventory is updated. If you would like faster service and direct information on current stock please contact us at (207)372-2193. All orders received after 12 am Thursdays will not be filled until the following week. Click here to place an order for a food delivery on Thursdays